HbbTV solution for Broadcast/OTT operators
The huge demand for TV interactivity required the creation of dedicated standards. HbbTV, which has been promoted by major media industry stakeholders from broadcasters to CE device manufacturers, is already widely deployed on TV sets and set-top-boxes. The rapid growth of the adoption of HbbTV enables pay-TV operators to take benefits of these new interactive devices to enrich the experience of their customers at affordable cost.
Our end-to-end solution based on HbbTV responds to the market’s demand for a cost-effective and sustainable pay-TV platform. Our solution offers an unified backend, along with an off-the-shelf suite of interactive services based on the HbbTV standard enabling companies to quickly launch a complete pay-TV offer with a rich and consistent user experience.
The HbbTV solution Head-End consists of eight modules that can be combined by the operator to quickly and seamlessly launch its offers. Each module provides some core capabilities and is preintegrated with the others. However each module can be deployed independently or replaced by third party components already acquired by the operator.
- Content Security – addresses a variety of security functions from the back office to the user’s screen, including content encryption, device authentication and license management, continuous network monitoring for piracy, and parental control features.
- SI/PSI Management – this module consists of a DVB SI/PSI data streamer and real-time multiplexer and its associated user interface which enables the operator to create and manage the following DVB tables: NIT, BAT, PAT, PMT, CAT, SDT…
- HbbTV Apps Delivery Platform – consists of an HbbTV AIT and DSM-CC object carrousel streamer and its associated user interface.
- EPG Management – this module is used to prepares and broadcast EPG information. The broadcasted EPG data can feed the native EPG of zappers or the EPG HbbTV App.
- Video Mosaic Generators – this module creates video channels composed of selected existing TV channels broadcasted on the network. The mosaic module creates video mosaic enhancing the overall viewer experience with a composite multiprogram view. This module is provided with the Mosaic HbbTV App which enables subscribers to quickly select their program.
- On-Demand content Management – prepares content in various formats; manages video and metadata assets, content distribution and publishing, while meeting content owners’ requirements.
- Content Discovery and Personalization – uses advanced algorithms and search technology to allow TV operators to recommend relevant content and personalize each user’s experience in an engaging way.
- Analytics – this module enables customer service operations and management of varied business models, as well as offers reports and SUI analytics